For decades, steroids have been used, stacked, and cycled by athletes to enhance their physique, performance, and overall wellness. For many users, the results are fantastic but with negative side effects that can cause significant damage in the long run. This is why it is important to know how to properly cycle steroids, even for advanced users.
A steroid cycle is a series of individual steroids that are taken to produce different effects throughout your physique, performance, and overall health. Steroid cycling also means stacking one steroid with another in order to create a synergistic effect.
Steroid cycles are done by bodybuilders that are looking to gain a competitive edge. Some steroid cycles will simply enhance performance and physical appearance, but others will be used strictly for cosmetic purposes.
Cycle length is dependent on the user’s goals and tolerance to certain anabolic steroids or pharmacological agents. Generally speaking, a cycle that lasts between 4-12 weeks is most common.
There are varying purposes for each steroid cycle. Some cycles are for bulking up and building lean muscle mass, other steroid cycles are for cutting and toning, and other cycles maybe for strength only. There are also steroid cycles that will provide physical enhancement as well as pharmacological enhancement like anti-estrogenic effects and fat loss abilities.
Each steroid cycle also requires a different set of steroids and stacks. Each user will be looking for a different physique enhancement depending on their starting point.
It is important to know how to properly cycle steroids, even if you’re an advanced steroid user. For those that are new to the idea of cycling, it is suggested that you read over this article as well as research other articles online before attempting your first steroid cycle.
Steroid cycles were first done in the year 1939 by German scientists that were working on creating synthetic analogs of testosterone. They realized that if testosterone was injected daily, the human body would only retain a small amount of it. Similar to this, they found out that injecting testosterone four times per day allowed for optimum levels of the hormone to be present in the body at all times.
The idea of injecting multiple doses of testosterone throughout the day directly into muscle tissue allowed for a massive buildup of androgen receptors. This then caused anabolic effects to occur at higher levels than before, creating a synergistic effect beyond what could be achieved through single injections.
The age-old adage “less is more” was broken with the introduction of steroid cycling. Androgen receptors are increased beyond their normal size through the process of protein synthesis. Protein synthesis is greatly enhanced through the use of steroids, which then enables the body to build more androgen receptors over time. However, once all available androgen receptor sites are filled with bound-up testosterone, no further anabolic effects can take place even if you continue to inject testosterone.
It is in this area that steroid cycling comes into play and it’s the reason why multiple doses of various steroids in a cycle can yield such dramatic results in lean muscle tissue development. This synergistic effect between stacked anabolic steroids can create massive amounts of new muscle tissue over time, even if the same types of steroids are used in the same doses.
Steroid cycles also allow you to take advantage of various pharmacological effects like anti-estrogenic and fat loss properties. These stacks can be organized into a specific cycle to help create your ultimate physique over time.
In simpler terms, steroids are cycled to take advantage of the synergistic anabolic effect created by multiple steroid compounds. Stacking can be used to amplify testosterone, create anti-estrogenic effects, enhance fat loss abilities, or even increase physical strength over time.
People with a history of steroid use, or in other words, advanced users, also need help with properly cycling their steroids. Advanced users have grown accustomed to the effects of all types of steroids and are unable to achieve true positive results without using different compounds together.
Advanced steroid cycles are often initiated with anabolic/androgenic steroids, but can also include non-steroidal compounds used specifically for certain goals or purposes. The beginning portion of an advanced cycle will typically consist of several different types of steroids to help achieve faster initial results.
A common mistake that beginners make is trying to jump-start their first cycle with several high-powered compounds that are widely known to be extremely effective. However, it’s generally recommended that new users should start with limited amounts of well-known and safe compounds like Testosterone, Dianabol (D-Bol), Trenbolone, etc.
You can successfully build muscle with single or multiple anabolic steroids; however, it is extremely important to understand the synergistic effect created between various compounds used together in a cycle. Advanced users might also want to perform steroid cycles consisting of various blends and stacks to take advantage of pharmacological properties particular to certain steroids.
The proper way to organize an advanced cycle would be with short or moderate length cycles so that the body’s natural testosterone production can recover in between each series of injections (4-6 weeks).
Let’s dive into this particular steroid cycle!
Steroids needed for this cycle:
The following are the steroids you’ll need for this steroid cycle. Some of these steroids are illegal or restricted in certain nations, so double-check your local legislation before buying them.
- Dianabol: This steroid is a class I anabolic steroid and is one of the most powerful oral compounds available. It’s also known as D-Bol or simply Dianabol, and is a derivative form of testosterone that helps increase lean muscle mass and strength over time.
- Masteron: This steroid is a class II anabolic steroid and is one of the most powerful injectable compounds available. It’s also known as Drostanolone and is a derivative form of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) that has an extremely strong binding affinity for the androgen receptor, which makes it great for lean muscle gains and cutting purposes.
- Winstrol: Also known as Stanozolol, this is a class I anabolic steroid and is one of the most powerful oral compounds available. It’s derived from DHT and has a very strong binding affinity for the androgen receptor.
- Clomid: This is a class III anti-estrogen, which means it can help reduce/eliminate typical estrogenic side effects that are associated with certain anabolic steroid cycles. It’s also known as Clomiphene Citrate and is one of the safest anti-estrogen compounds on earth.
- Nolvadex: This particular drug is also known as Tamoxifen Citrate (tamoxifen citrate), and is a class III anti-estrogen. The main difference between Clomid and Nolvadex is how Clomid binds to the estrogen receptor, whereas Nolvadex binds to the estrogen receptor itself.
- HCG: HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, and it’s a hormone produced in pregnant women. It’s mainly used to keep the testes alive during certain types of steroid cycles where natural testosterone production is suppressed or shut down.
- T3 Cytomel: This is a synthetic thyroid hormone that’s also classed as an anabolic steroid, and it’s mainly used in cutting cycles to help increase energy/metabolism and reduce body fat.
- Anadrol: This is a class I oral steroid and one of the most powerful compounds in existence. It’s also known as Oxymetholone and helps increase lean muscle mass by binding to androgen receptors (androgen receptor-binding properties).
How to do this steroid cycle:
It’s now time to learn how to carry out this steroid cycle correctly. To get the most from your cycles, take all of the steroids listed above.
- Dianabol must be taken orally at a dosage of 10-15mg per day. This steroid should be split into 3-4 doses over the course of the day, with 1/3rd to 2/3rds of each dose being taken in the morning and evening. For example, if you take Dianabol at 5 am, then another portion should be taken at 5 pm.
- Masteron must be injected every other day at a dosage of 100mg per injection. This compound should be taken in equal amounts once the Dianabol has been split into 4 equal portions (e.g., take 20-30mg of Masteron if you’ve split your Dianabol into 4 doses, or 10-15mg if you’ve split your Dianabol into 3 doses).
- Winstrol must be taken orally at a dosage of 25mg per day. This steroid should also be split into 4 equal portions and taken as follows: 1/4th dose in the morning, 2/4th doses in the evening, with the final portion being taken immediately before bed.
- HCG should be injected every 3-4 days at a dosage of 250iu per injection. This compound should be taken in equal amounts throughout the cycle, with 1/4th of each dose being taken on workout days (e.g., if you take 250mcg HCG on Monday morning, then you’d take another 125mcg shot on Tuesday morning, then another on Wednesday and so on).
- Nolvadex must be taken orally at a dosage of 40mg per day. This drug should also be split into 4 equal portions and taken as follows: 1/4th dose in the morning, 2/4th doses in the evening, with the final portion being taken immediately before bed.
- T3 Cytomel should be injected 3-4 times per day at a dosage of 25mcg each time (every 6 hours). This compound should also be split equally and injected in equal amounts: e.g., if you’re injecting T3 every 6 hours, then take 5 injections of 6mcg per day (30mcg total).
- Anadrol must be taken orally 2-3 times per day at a dosage of 50mg per dose. The doses should not exceed 100mg each, and this compound should also be split into equal amounts: e.g., take 25-33mg if you’re taking Anadrol 3 times per day.
Take all of the other drugs at the recommended doses as described in this guide, and remember that you must also follow a proper diet if you wish to gain lean muscle mass while using this cycle.
The positive effects of this steroid cycle
This particular steroid cycle is known as a bulking cycle because it helps increase lean muscle mass. The various steroids that are used in this cycle are designed to improve your body’s capabilities in two key areas, which are as follows:
- Testosterone Production: The use of Dianabol will help enhance your natural testosterone production, while the use of HCG will prevent testicular atrophy and shut down.
- Endurance: Masteron will help improve your endurance levels, while the use of HCG and T3 Cytomel will prevent muscle loss when you’re dieting/cutting calories.
- Increased lean muscle mass: The use of Anadrol will help boost your overall strength levels, while the use of Nolvadex and T3 Cytomel will prevent muscle loss when you’re dieting/cutting calories.
- Increased Strength: The use of Winstrol will help increase your muscular endurance, while the use of Masteron and T3 Cytomel will prevent muscle loss when you’re dieting/cutting calories.
- Increased red blood cell count: The use of Testosterone will help increase your strength levels and endurance, while the use of HCG, T3 Cytomel, and Nolvadex will prevent muscle loss when you’re dieting/cutting calories.
- Enhanced definition: The use of Winstrol and Anadrol will help improve your muscle density, while the use of HCG and T3 Cytomel will prevent muscle loss when you’re dieting/cutting calories.
- Increased vascularity: The use of Winstrol and Masteron will help increase blood flow to the muscles, while the use of Testosterone will improve muscle hardness.
A lot of other impressive benefits can be gained from this steroid cycle. However, the ones listed above are only some of the most significant ones.
The potential side effects of not cycling steroids
Like with all steroid cycles, there are always going to be negative side effects that accompany a positive outcome. The severity of the side effects will be determined by how your body reacts to each individual drug and/or hormone used in this cycle – so please keep that in mind. And although some of the side effects are pretty common with anabolic steroid use, there are definitely some that everyone should be aware of before starting this particular cycle.
Here are some of the potentially harmful side effects of this steroid cycle:
- Increased blood pressure: When done improperly, this steroid cycle can lead to an increase in blood pressure due to the various cardiovascular side effects that are caused by the use of steroids.
- Increased cholesterol levels: The use of this steroid cycle can contribute to an increase in bad cholesterol levels, which will make it harder for your heart to function properly.
- Gynecomastia: This is one of the most common side effects associated with steroid use, and it is caused by a buildup of estrogen in the breast tissue.
- Testicular atrophy: This is an inevitable side effect associated with the use of steroid hormones, and it will happen regardless of what your body does to combat it or not.
- Decreased testosterone levels: The use of anabolic steroids will eventually cause your body to stop producing its own testosterone, which is required for any type of muscle growth.
- Decreased libido: This side effect goes hand-in-hand with the decrease in testosterone levels that you’ll experience as a result of this steroid cycle.
- Lower physical energy levels: This is another side effect that’s caused by an overall decline in testosterone production.
The effects of this steroid cycle can be dangerous if not monitored properly. The negative side effects associated with its use are minuscule when compared to the positive ones, but they certainly exist. However, it’s important to note that women should never
The proper diet plan for this steroid cycle
Most of the time, taking anabolic steroids is not enough to achieve optimal muscle and performance gains. You also need to adjust your diet in order to optimize the results you get from using these drugs.
- Weight loss: When dieting for this cycle, it’s important to aim for a weight loss of at least 0.5%-1% of your total bodyweight per week (so if you weigh 200lbs, you’d want to stay between the range of 190-198lbs). This will help keep your metabolism running high, which will prevent muscle loss when you’re on a calorie deficit.
- Increase caloric intake: While dieting for this cycle, it’s important to increase your daily caloric intake slowly – by around 200 calories each week. Doing so will help keep your metabolism high and prevent muscle loss.
- Increase carbohydrate consumption: You’ll want to increase your daily carb consumption by about 50 grams per day during this cycle. This will help prevent the use of muscle glycogen from when you’re on a calorie deficit, which can lead to serious side effects such as fatigue and early overtraining.
- Decrease fat consumption: You’ll want to decrease your daily fat consumption by about 6 grams per day. Consuming too much of this macronutrient will make it harder for you to lose weight, which is the opposite of what you’re looking for when dieting for this cycle.
- Increase protein consumption: While dieting for this cycle, you should increase your daily protein consumption by about 1 gram per pound of body weight. This will help prevent muscle loss while you’re on a calorie deficit, which is important for minimizing negative side effects.
What to avoid when on this steroid cycle
There are some things that you should avoid when doing this steroid cycle, including all of the following:
High-fat foods are generally not very beneficial when dieting for this steroid cycle, which makes them a bad choice and therefore must be avoided.
Another thing that you should avoid while on this cycle is too many high-sodium foods. Consuming an excess of salt can be dangerous, which makes it something that you should stay away from when on this steroid cycle.
Summary and conclusion
Steroid cycles are a very important part of the process of achieving optimal performance and muscle gains in a short period of time, but they aren’t always easy to do. It takes a lot of work, dedication, and preparation to ensure that everything goes as planned with these cycles, which is why it’s so important for you to follow all recommended guidelines. This steroid cycle is a great example of one that you should follow closely to get optimal results.