Table of Contents
Zac Efron has always been in great shape, but when he started preparing to play the role of lifeguard Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch, he decided to step up his game. His intense workout routine is now making headlines, and people are eager to find out how they can get a body like his. Zac’s Baywatch workout is an intense and challenging routine that will leave you sweating and wanting more. It uses many of your favorite exercises, like push-ups and jumping jacks, but it also incorporates new exercises like planks and burpees. Learn more about the workout below.
If you want to look like Zac Efron in Baywatch, here is your workout guide. This workout combines cardio and strength training to give you a sustainable weekly routine that will boost your metabolism and tone your muscles. With so many exercises to choose from, you’ll never be bored with this regimen. So, grab some dumbbells, try to strike a pose like Zac, and get that core activated.
Read also about Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
What is Baywatch Body Workout?
This workout is the perfect mix of cardio and strength training. While most people are familiar with traditional weightlifting routines involving dumbbells or machines, cardio is not typically included in these types of workouts. This particular workout routine adds an element of cardiovascular exercise to your weightlifting plan. It’s a quick and simple routine that you can do anywhere. In fact, it’s a really effective and fun way to get fit and tone your body. This workout is the perfect mix of cardio and strength training.
How does it work?
This workout uses bodyweight exercises to build your muscles and increase your endurance. It is a circuit-based system, so rather than doing an entire weight training routine, you will do multiple sets of different exercises, with minimal rest in between. This allows you to get the most out of your workouts and burn maximum calories. By using this type of workout system, you’ll see faster results because you are pushing your body harder. The best part is that this workout can be done anywhere – all you need is a little space and a set of dumbbells (or even just some heavy items from around the house).
Each week consists of four different workouts. You’ll be doing two weightlifting sessions and two cardio workouts, which will total up to roughly 45 minutes of training time. Once you have performed each session four times through, you can repeat the entire Baywatch Body Workout system again if you want to keep challenging yourself.
What equipment do I need for this workout?
All that you need to do this workout is a set of dumbbells and some space. You can use any type of resistance, from soup cans to dumbbells to even heavy household objects that you have around the house.
About this workout: This routine is one that I’ve been doing for years now. The entire idea behind it is based on the type of workouts that were performed while filming Baywatch, which of course is the US TV show starring David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson. It was super popular back in the 90s, but it has really stood the test of time (even though I’m not sure anyone would ever say no to a new Baywatch movie).
Baywatch Body Workout Routine
Perform all exercises in a row for one round. After completing one round, rest 45-60 seconds before starting the next round of exercises. Once you have completed the first circuit rest for 1 minute moving onto circuit 2 below. You should do this circuit 3 times.
- JUMPING JACKS – 20 reps
- DIPS – 15 reps
- PLANK SIDE PLANKS – 15 reps each side
STRENGTH CIRCUIT 2: Perform the following exercises in a row for one round. Repeat these three rounds for a total of 4 rounds. After completing one round, rest 45-60 seconds before starting the next round of exercises.
- PUSH UPS – 15 reps
- V UP SIT UPS – 15 reps
- BICYCLE CRUNCHES – 20 reps each leg then 10 reps once leg
CORE CIRCUIT 3: Perform 1 set of each exercise in a row for one round. Repeat these three rounds for a total of 4 sets. Perform the exercises with little rest in between sets and only rest if needed during the last set. You should do this circuit 3 times.
- JUMPING JACKS – 40 reps
- SIDE PLANK HOLD (EACH SIDE) – 30 seconds EACH SIDE
- STRAIGHT LEG LIFT (EACH LEG) – 20 reps left then 20 reps once right
- SIT UPS – 25 reps
If you want to make this work out even harder, take 60-90 seconds rest before starting the next round.
Just like with Baywatch, your workout should be a fun time. Don’t get caught up in the details of weight amounts and repetitions, a workout is a workout so have fun with it.
Remember to keep track of your workouts by keeping a journal. This will help you stay accountable for yourself and monitor your progress. A journal is also helpful if you need to change things up during your workout program.
Baywatch Body Workout for Back and Biceps
This workout is designed specifically to sculpt your back muscles. You can use this routine any time of the year, but it works best when paired with an upper body strength workout which targets other major muscle groups such as chest and shoulders. It’s also a good idea to pair this workout with another Baywatch Body Workout in order to get maximum results.
- BENT OVER BARBELL ROW – 15 reps each side
- DIPS – 15 reps
- PULL UPS – 15 reps
- DIPS – 15 reps
- LAT PULL DOWNS – 15 reps
- HAMMER STRENGTH ROWS (OPTIONAL) – 20 reps
Baywatch Body Workout for Legs and Shoulders
This workout is designed to sculpt your legs and shoulders, two major muscle groups that are often neglected. You can use this routine any time of the year, but it works best when paired with a lower body strength workout which targets other major muscle groups such as back and chest.
- BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUATS (EACH LEG) – 20 reps each leg
- LUNGES (EACH LEG) – 15 reps left then 15 reps right
- SIDE LATERAL RAISE (EACH ARM) – 10 reps
- SEATED DUMBBELL PRESS (EACH ARM) – 10 reps
- MILITARY PRESS – 10 reps
- PULL UPS – 15 reps
- LAT PULL DOWNS (OPTIONAL) – 15 reps each side
- Hanging Knee Raises (Holding barbell) – 8 reps (1-2 seconds hold at top of each rep)
Baywatch Body Workout for Chest and Arms
This workout is designed to sculpt your chest and arms, two major muscle groups that are often neglected. You can use this routine any time of the year, but it works best when paired with a lower body strength workout which targets other major muscle groups such as back and legs.
- DIPS – 15 reps
- PULL UPS – 15 reps
- INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS (EACH ARM) – 10 reps
- CABLE ROWS (OPTIONAL) – 20 reps
- DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS (EACH ARM) – 10 reps
- BICEP CURLS (EACH ARM) – 10 reps
- HAMMER STRENGTH CHEST PRESS (OPTIONAL) – 12 reps
- TRICEP KICKBACKS (EACH ARM) – 10 reps each arm then 8 reps once right arm then 8 reps once left arm
- LAT PULL DOWNS (OPTIONAL) – 20 reps each side
Additional Tips to Get a Perfect Beach Body
- Stretch – Before beginning any type of workout routine it is essential that you properly warm up your muscles and joints, this will prevent injuries and allow for proper performance during the exercises. A good five-minute stretch should be enough to prepare your body for the more rigorous workouts to come.
- Cardio – Clear your mind with some light cardio exercises Clear your mind with some light cardio exercises before beginning this workout like jumping jacks or running on the spot for five minutes. This is a great way to get your heart rate up before you start lifting weights.
- Keep that core tight! – When doing any type of exercise or workout routine, one focal point that needs to be considered is the activation of the core muscles in order to stabilize your body and help avoid injury. The plank pose requires you to lay on your stomach with elbows under your shoulders and your feet together, lift your body up on to the balls of your feet while keeping your core activated. You can hold this pose for 30 seconds or do 10 reps.
- Stay low with push-ups- This is a great way to target all three muscles in the chest area while also engaging the stabilizing muscles that are located around the shoulder blades. Simply place your hands on the floor, just outside of your shoulders and keep your legs straight as you lower yourself to the ground. Bring yourself back up by pushing through your arms until they are straight, but do not lock out your elbows at the top of this motion. Hold for 30 seconds or complete 10 reps.
- Go high with jumping jacks- This classic exercise is a great way to start building endurance and speed. Begin standing up straight with your arms by your side, jump while simultaneously bringing both of your arms over your head until they are fully extended overhead. While in the air, jump again with both feet back towards your hands, then repeat. Shoot for 30 seconds or complete 10 reps.
- Push it with push-ups on dumbbells- This variation of the traditional push-up will build strength in both your triceps and chest while increasing stability throughout your body due to the extra weight placed above your hands. Start by assuming your standard push-up position, then place one hand on top of a dumbbell while your other hand is still on the floor. Complete 10 reps for each arm, then switch to the opposite side by placing your free arm on top of the dumbbell.
- Get low with mountain climbers- Mountain climbers are a great way build endurance in the core muscles while also training you to engage these same muscles when performing push-ups and other upper body weightlifting exercises. Position yourself in a high plank with your feet together, then simultaneously bring one knee in towards the corresponding elbow while keeping your hips low to the ground. Be sure not to let your hips sag or raise too high as this will engage the wrong muscles. Complete 20 reps for each leg, alternating between sides.
- Pull it with inverted rows- This is not only a great way to build back muscles, but it will also work the lats, traps and biceps as well. Get into an “L” shape with your feet on the floor and grab onto a bar or another surface that you can hang from. Hang down until your arms are fully extended and pull yourself back up in a rowing motion until your chest is close to the object you are hanging from. Complete 10 reps with each arm.
- Squat it out with plyometric squats- This is a great way to not only increase stamina, but also strength. With your feet hip-width apart, push your hips back and sit into a squat position while keeping your chest up. Continue to lower yourself until you are at about 90 degrees, then return back to the starting position by pushing through your heels. You can also add a jump at the end of your squat to increase the intensity. Complete 10 reps for each leg.
- Get along with side planks- Side planks will build endurance throughout your entire core region while strengthening and toning your obliques as well. Lie on your side, stretching out one arm until it is fully extended overhead. Prop yourself up by placing your forearm on the ground, then position yourself so that your body is flat from head to toe. Engage your core and glutes while stabilizing through your hips and shoulders, then hold for 30 seconds or complete 10 reps for each side.
- Kick it with jumping jacks- This classic exercise is a great way to get the heart rate up while also strengthening your arms, shoulders and legs. Begin by standing tall with your feet together while holding your hands at chest level. Simultaneously kick out one leg until you are in a full plank position, then return back to center by bringing both feet back while lifting your hands over your head until they are fully extended. Repeat on the other side, alternating between both sides for 10 reps or 30 seconds.
- Pack your trunk with front planks- Front planks will give you great definition in your abs while also providing a deep burn in your obliques and back muscles due to the added weight placed overhead. With your feet together, prop yourself up by placing your forearms on the ground with your elbows directly under your shoulders. Press into the balls of both feet while you engage through your core, glutes and quads to stabilize yourself. Hold for 30 seconds or complete 10 reps for each side.
- Work it with bicycle crunches- Bicycle crunches are a great way to increase muscle endurance in your core while also strengthening your abs, obliques and shoulders. Start by lying flat on your back with both of your hands behind your head and your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Engage through the core to lift your legs about 45 degrees, then alternate bringing each knee towards your opposite elbow while you resist on the way down. Complete 10 reps for each side or 30 seconds in total.
FAQs: Listed Questions and Answers
Does Zac Efron’s workout really work?
Zac Efron’s workout is a four-day split designed to work all of your muscle groups while also increasing strength and burning fat.
So, it might be a good idea if you start this celebrity workout today, just remember that results will not happen overnight!
Zac Efron workout for women?
Yes, Zac Efron workout can be done by women as well. If you are a woman wanting to get the ripped body of a celebrity, then follow this daily workout routine and you will see results in no time!
Can I lose weight with Zac Efron’s Workout?
Yes, you can lose weight with him or any other workout routine that you choose. You can start this workout routine if you are looking to lose weight or gain muscle, just remember that it is important to be consistent with your daily workouts!
How many days a week should I work out?
It’s really up to you on how many days you want to work out per week. You can split your Zac Efron workout into 4 days or 6 days, it’s totally up to you. The more days you work out the more calories you burn, so remember that!
What are better chest exercises with dumbbells?
Dumbbell bench presses are great for building strength in your chest while also adding definition in your muscles. You can try incline benches as well to engage your core while you are working out.
How often should I work out?
If you are trying to build muscle, it’s best to work out every other day by resting at least one day in between each session. If you are just looking for a weight loss routine, then schedule workouts 2-3 times per week at least!
Start your morning off right with the Zac Efron Baywatch Body Workout!
These exercises are not only a great way to ramp up your workout, but they can also be done at home or at the gym. Whether you’re looking for a full-body workout or just want to add some spice to your normal routine, this Zac Efron Baywatch Workout will help get you back in action!
The Zac Efron Baywatch Body Workout is a must-do for all those looking to get their beach body on! Follow the simple instructions above to get started on building a stunning physique in no time!